Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Now that I make these, I won't settle for the ones in the store. (I originally got this recipe from Chef Doozer, now that she is at Zaar, it is sweet of her to review it for me!)
- Cut buns into bite size pieces.
- You can also use bread, which can be fresh or 'day-old'.
- Place pieces in a bowl and drizzle oil over as you stir to coat.
- Feel free to use more or less oil than is called for.
- The more oil you use, the more melt-in-your-mouth they will be.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- You can also use garlic powder, oregano, Italian seasoning or any combination of them.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes, stirring once.
I'm olny 13 and i can make this with no problem! ~10 MIN. LATER~ WOW THIS IS AMAZING! IM the kind of person who burns water, but i was brave today and said i would make dinner. even my mon ( who is a great cook) said the it was really good! :)
Wow! I used leftover hamburger rolls from a picnic and seasoned them with garlic powder, smoked sea salt, fresh ground pepper and Penzey's Brady Street Cheese Salad Seasoning. They were delicious! I will absolutly never buy croutons again!
These are perfect. I made these using only the seasoned salt and veg. oil and they were great. I will add some other spices next time, but you don't need too, they are great as is. Thank youf or sharing this with us, what a $$$$ saver! And a great way to use up leftover buns.