1/2 Photos of Croutons
2 hrs 10 mins
My husband thought these were a snack I made for him to munch on while he watched TV, they were gone so quick I didn't have time to put them on a salad or a bowl of soup! These would also be great if you sliced the bread, you would need to adjust the baking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 French baguette, stale, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup butter, I used Smart Balance
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon course granulated garlic
- 1Preheat oven to 200.
- 2Place cubed bread in big mixing bowl.
- 3Melt butter in small sauce pan. Add olive oil, stir, remove from heat.
- 4Add in all the spices, salt and pepper.
- 5Drizzle half over bread, toss to coat. Add second half to desired amout of flavor(for stronger flavor add all, for light flavor only use half), toss again to coat well.
- 6Spread evenly in single layer on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for a about 2 hours to get all the moisture out.
- 8Turn oven up to 300 let cook for 15 minute and mix them up and cook for about 15 min longer or until nice and toasted. Cool on paper towel then store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.0
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 958.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 18.2 g