Recipe by Oolala
This comes from the "Bon Appetot Cookbook"-not a typo! It's a book that was created by preschoolers' parents. It makes for a perfect for brunch.
Top Review by cluelesscook30
My 2 year old LOVED this dish. It was really nice to make for quick breakfasts in the morning. I would just microwave a piece of this casserole and peel a orange or slice an apple and we were out the door in minutes. Thanks for posting.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups croutons, plain
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In the bottom of a 10 X 6 X 1 3/4 inch baking dish, combine croutons and cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, onion powder and pepper. Mix until blended.
- Pour egg mixture over the cheese and croutons.
- Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 1 hour or until eggs are set.
- Cool slightly before serving.