Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from the "Bon Appetot Cookbook"-not a typo! It's a book that was created by preschoolers' parents. It makes for a perfect for brunch.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups croutons, plain
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In the bottom of a 10 X 6 X 1 3/4 inch baking dish, combine croutons and cheese.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, onion powder and pepper. Mix until blended.
- Pour egg mixture over the cheese and croutons.
- Crumble the bacon and sprinkle on top of the casserole.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 1 hour or until eggs are set.
- Cool slightly before serving.
My 2 year old LOVED this dish. It was really nice to make for quick breakfasts in the morning. I would just microwave a piece of this casserole and peel a orange or slice an apple and we were out the door in minutes. Thanks for posting.
Enjoyed this dish, gives the notion of having bacon and eggs a whole new twist. It's a keeper in my books. Instead of trying to combine the croutons and cheese (the cheese just falls to the bottom anyway), layer the croutons on bottom and sprinkle cheese over them. I halved my 1%milk with rice milk, added some diced onion and 1 tsp onion powder, and omitted the salt. I happened to check it after 45 minutes and it was pretty much done, so I just left it another minute or two. Good quality croutons (or homemade) are essential. Thanks for posting.