1/3 Photos of Croutes Aux Champignons (Mushrooms on Toast)
From A Taste of Switzerland. If you love wild mushrooms, try this! Good country bread, topped with sauted creamy mushrooms and melted cheese. Serve with a green salad and glass of wine for a light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion, and cook until softened, but not brown. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat until the juices start to run. Uncover, and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- 3Add the wine, reduce by half. Add the cream, stir, and let simmer a few minutes, until thickened.
- 4Toast the bread, and place on a baking sheet. Top with the mushroom mixture and grated cheese.
- 5Place the toasts under the broiler, just until the top starts to brown. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croutes Aux Champignons (Mushrooms on Toast)
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.2
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 273.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g