Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From A Taste of Switzerland. If you love wild mushrooms, try this! Good country bread, topped with sauted creamy mushrooms and melted cheese. Serve with a green salad and glass of wine for a light meal.
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml butter
- 453.59 g wild mushroom, sliced (chanterelles, cepes, or whatever you like)
- 198.44 g dry white wine
- 113.39 g cream
- 4 slice bread, a hearty country bread is best
- 59.16 ml grated parmesan cheese (or Sbrinz, if you can get it)
- Preheat broiler.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the onion, and cook until softened, but not brown. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook over medium heat until the juices start to run. Uncover, and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the wine, reduce by half. Add the cream, stir, and let simmer a few minutes, until thickened.
- Toast the bread, and place on a baking sheet. Top with the mushroom mixture and grated cheese.
- Place the toasts under the broiler, just until the top starts to brown. Serve immediately.
I made half a recipe to serve over steak, so did not use the bread but I did use whipped chilled evaporaive low fat milk in place of the cream but other wise cooked to recipe and it was delicious with our steak, thank you IngidH, made for 123 Hits Tag game.
Loved this! I used a baguette, and they toasted up so nicely! The flavors that came out of this recipe were just wonderful. I will definitely make this again, and may just serve the mushrooms over a nice steak sometime! Delicious. Made for Photo Tag!
I'm not usually one for mushrooms, but made this primarily for my other half & a friend who was here, & they thoroughly enjoyed it! I used thick slices of a nutty, whole grain bread, & they'd have been happy if I'd made the full recipe (I'd cut it in half)! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]