Recipe by English_Rose
For a temptingly easy cheesy feast, try this glorious bake of garlicky croutons, prosciutto, creamy mushrooms and soft melting cheese.
- 1 baguette
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for brushing
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 5 ounces morels
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 ounce butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 1⁄2 ounces prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 6 ounces emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 5 ounces gruyere, grated
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the baguette into half longwise, spread with the garlic, drizzle with olive oil, and broil until crispy.
- Lay the slices in a baking dish and splash half of the white wine over them.
- Set the oven to 400°F Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the mushrooms, shallots and garlic.
- Add the remaining white wine and the cream, and heat the mixture through.
- Spread the prosciutto over the top of the bread and then spoon over the creamy mushrooms.
- Scatter with the grated cheese and then sprinkle the kirsch over the top. Bake for seven to eight minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a green salad.