Recipe by Panda Rose
Saw this on Great Food Live and thought it loked good. I then had a version in Switzerland which confirmed how fabulous it really is. Use this as a guide and make your own variation of it.
- 1 baguette
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for brushing
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 150 g morels
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 30 g butter
- 100 ml double cream
- 100 g parma ham, torn into pieces
- 150 g emmenthaler cheese, grated
- 150 g gruyere, grated
- 2 tablespoons kirsch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the baguette into long slices, spread with the garlic, drizzle with olive oil, and grill until crispy.
- Lay the slices in a baking dish and splash half of the white wine over them.
- Set the oven to 200C/gas 6. Melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the mushrooms, shallots and garlic.
- Add the remaining white wine and the cream, and heat the mixture through.
- Spread the Parma ham over the top of the bread and then spoon over the creamy mushrooms.
- Scatter with the grated cheese and then sprinkle the kirsch over the top. Bake for seven to eight minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a green salad.