Recipe by capucine66
This is a variation of the regular "croustade" which is usually just the baked apples with the crispy oat on the top with flavor of butter and cinnamon. Try this amazing dessert enhanced by maple flavor.
Top Review by KlynnPadilla
So good! I added a teaspoon of cinnamon also, as Gran Dee mentioned in her review. Especially loved the added texture of the oatmeal. Smells amazing in the oven! Made for PAC Spring 08.
- 6 apples, pealed and cut
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan that goes in oven, put the cut apples.
- Pour the maple syrup on the apples.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, butter and salt.
- Add this mixture on the apples.
- Cook in the oven for about 35 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream is amazing!