Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a variation of the regular "croustade" which is usually just the baked apples with the crispy oat on the top with flavor of butter and cinnamon. Try this amazing dessert enhanced by maple flavor.
- 6 apples, pealed and cut
- 158.51 ml maple syrup
- 177.44 ml flour
- 177.44 ml oatmeal
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- In a pan that goes in oven, put the cut apples.
- Pour the maple syrup on the apples.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, butter and salt.
- Add this mixture on the apples.
- Cook in the oven for about 35 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream is amazing!
So good! I added a teaspoon of cinnamon also, as Gran Dee mentioned in her review. Especially loved the added texture of the oatmeal. Smells amazing in the oven! Made for PAC Spring 08.
Fantastic. This was the best of the many apple deserts I made this fall to use up the bounty. I added a handfull of golden raisins and 1 tsp cinnamon as mentioned in the opening but not included in the ingredients. Used the food processor to mix the topping and an apple peeler/corer/slicer to make quick work of that part.