Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Can't recall where I got this recipe, I have been making them for about 20 years. They are a fried cookie,lite and crisp. I use a deep fry pan for this. They add a different texture to the cookie tray at Holiday time. Also the almond - orange extract is delightful too.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- oil (for frying)
- In a small mixing bowl cut butter into flour till it resembles small peas.
- Combine eggs, sugar, almond& orange extracts and salt.
- Stir into flour mixture.
- Turn onto a floured board,knead until smooth.
- Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll each half into a 12X6 in rectangle.
- Cut into 6X3/4 inch strips.
- Carefully tie strips into knots.
- Fry a few at a time in deep fat (oil).
- (375 degrees) till golden brown (3minutes) flip once.
- Drain well.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar.