Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fantastic weekend appetizer. This can be prepared up to two days ahead, covered, and refrigerated until ready to use, actually it tastes even better if prepared ahead of time. The recipe may be doubled if desired. Prep time includes baking the crostini.
- 1 loaf baguette-style French bread (unsliced)
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped kalamata olives or 1⁄4 cup ripe olives
- 1 -2 cloves fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- shredded fresh basil (to garnish)
- To make crostini: partially freeze the unsliced bread loaf.
- Cut into 40 (1-inch-thick) slices.
- Arrange on a cookie sheets.
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving oil.
- Lightly brush one side of each slice with the reserved tomato oil or olive oil.
- Bake in a 300 degree oven for 6 minutes; turn over the slices; bake for another 6 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- Finely chop the drained tomatoes; stir in the olives and the minced garlic; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until softened.
- Beat in the feta cheese and milk until smooth.
- Spread the feta/cream cheese mixture on top of the oiled side of the baked crostini.
- Top with a small dollop of tomato mixture.
- Garnish the crostini with shredded fresh basil.