This is a fantastic weekend appetizer. This can be prepared up to two days ahead, covered, and refrigerated until ready to use, actually it tastes even better if prepared ahead of time. The recipe may be doubled if desired. Prep time includes baking the crostini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf baguette-style French bread (unsliced)
- 4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives or 1/4 cup ripe olives
- 1 -2 cloves fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- shredded fresh basil (to garnish)
- 1To make crostini: partially freeze the unsliced bread loaf.
- 2Cut into 40 (1-inch-thick) slices.
- 3Arrange on a cookie sheets.
- 4Drain the tomatoes, reserving oil.
- 5Lightly brush one side of each slice with the reserved tomato oil or olive oil.
- 6Bake in a 300 degree oven for 6 minutes; turn over the slices; bake for another 6 minutes more, or until golden brown.
- 7Finely chop the drained tomatoes; stir in the olives and the minced garlic; set aside.
- 8In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese until softened.
- 9Beat in the feta cheese and milk until smooth.
- 10Spread the feta/cream cheese mixture on top of the oiled side of the baked crostini.
- 11Top with a small dollop of tomato mixture.
- 12Garnish the crostini with shredded fresh basil.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini With Olives and Feta Spread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.3
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 248.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g