Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
This is from a cookbook I bought in a CA winery called "Seriously Simple". This is a quick dessert that looks impressive! We enjoyed!
Top Review by FloridaNative
This was very good and very quick and easy to make. I really like the way these look all ready to serve - very classy looking. Delicious light flavors - I used mixed berries, so all the flavors melded together quite nicely. Great for a brunch or light luncheon dessert. Thanks "Food...Heart", for the recipe. Made for My 3 Chefs, Fall 2008.
- 12 slices French bread, of your choice (1/2-inch thick, or 12 slices sweet bread, of your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups fresh berries (such as raspberries or 2 cups blackberries)
- 1⁄4 cup honey, such as orange blossom, lavender, star thistle
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and toast for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Arrange the toasts on a platter and spread about 1 teaspoon of marscarpone on each one.
- Arrange berries on top and drizzle lightly with honey.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE: An attractive alternative for a brunch or dinner party is to arrange a soft, creamy blue cheese, a strong Cheddar, and a triple-cream cheese in a basket. Place slices of toasted raisin-nut bread around the cheese. Place a pot of honey in the basket and let your guests make their own selection and combination.