Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cooking Light 2003.
Make and share this Crostini With Gorgonzola, Caramelized Onions, and Fig Jam recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup dried black figs (about 6 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 dash salt
- cooking spray
- 2 cups vertically sliced yellow onions
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup gorgonzola, softened
- 1 loaf French baguette, toasted and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- To prepare jam, remove stems from figs. Place figs and juice in a food processor; process until figs are coarsely chopped.
- Place fig mixture, 2 cups water, syrup, and dash of salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until thick. Cool completely.
- To prepare onions, heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- Add onion, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and cook 20 minutes or until onion is deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- While onion cooks, add 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup at a time, to keep onion from sticking to pan.
- Spread 1 teaspoon cheese over each baguette slice. Top each slice with about 1 teaspoon onion mixture and 1 teaspoon jam. Sprinkle evenly with thyme leaves.
I can't rate this as I did not use all the ingredients....but saying that, this appitizer was delicious!!! I had Fig Jam on hand (Drunken Fig Jam from this site) ...used goats cheese instead of the gorgonzola and dried thyme!! Outstanding and simple to boot! Thanks for the posting....I will be sure to use this one again in the future!!!