- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 baguette or 1 other crusty bread, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced and patted dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine butter, anchvies and milk in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring for often for about 3 minutes or until anchovies dissolve, mashing with the back of a spoon. DO NOT BOIL.
- Place bread slices on a cookie sheet.
- Brush bread slices with oil and top with mozzarella slices.
- Broil until cheese melts and bread is crisp (3 minutes). BE CAREFUL IT COOKS FAST.
- Transfer to a platter and drizzle sauce over crostini.