I thought this sounded wonderful as an easy-to-make appetizer. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 2005)
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine butter, anchvies and milk in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring for often for about 3 minutes or until anchovies dissolve, mashing with the back of a spoon. DO NOT BOIL.
- Place bread slices on a cookie sheet.
- Brush bread slices with oil and top with mozzarella slices.
- Broil until cheese melts and bread is crisp (3 minutes). BE CAREFUL IT COOKS FAST.
- Transfer to a platter and drizzle sauce over crostini.
I made this for my DH, as I do not care for anchovies, and he enjoyed them along with a steak. Thanks Ellie!