1/1 Photo of Crostini With Fresh Mozzarella and Anchovy Sauce
I thought this sounded wonderful as an easy-to-make appetizer. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 2005)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Combine butter, anchvies and milk in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring for often for about 3 minutes or until anchovies dissolve, mashing with the back of a spoon. DO NOT BOIL.
- 3Place bread slices on a cookie sheet.
- 4Brush bread slices with oil and top with mozzarella slices.
- 5Broil until cheese melts and bread is crisp (3 minutes). BE CAREFUL IT COOKS FAST.
- 6Transfer to a platter and drizzle sauce over crostini.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini With Fresh Mozzarella and Anchovy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.9
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 13.8 mg
- Sodium 258.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.1 g