I found this recipe in a local town newspaper. After having an amazing appetizer with brie at a restaurant last weekend. We thought we'd give this a shot at home. It came out amazing. the sweetness of the figs and wine coupled with the creamy brie and crusty bread was to die for!
- Combine figs, wine, honey and lemon slices in medium suacepan.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and cook, covered over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool, remove lemon slices, then puree in blender.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil, and place oil side down on large baking sheet.
- Spread about 1/2 tbsp fig spread on each baguette, top with brie slices, and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.