Recipe by susie cooks
I took a cooking class with Tori Ritchie and this is one of her recipes. It is fantastic!! Instead of ricotta salata you can use crumbled feta cheese or a young pecorino. You will not be disappointed!
Top Review by morgangeline
So good! I used a little more ricotta than the recipe called for and a little less olive oil, but otherwise the same, and served this alongside some tomato-artichoke bruscetta. They went really well together. This recipe is definitely a win!!
- 1 lb fresh fava beans
- 1⁄4 cup ricotta cheese, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1 lemon, zest of
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 slices crusty Italian bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell the fava beans and drop them in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, then pop the inner bean out of its skin.
- Gently mix the fava beans, cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with oil and broil, turning once, until they are golden.
- To serve, top bread slices with fava bean mixture.