1/3 Photos of Crostini With Fava Beans and Ricotta Salata
susie cooks's Note:
I took a cooking class with Tori Ritchie and this is one of her recipes. It is fantastic!! Instead of ricotta salata you can use crumbled feta cheese or a young pecorino. You will not be disappointed!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shell the fava beans and drop them in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, then pop the inner bean out of its skin.
- 2Gently mix the fava beans, cheese, 2 tablespoons olive oil, thyme and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- 3Brush both sides of the bread slices with oil and broil, turning once, until they are golden.
- 4To serve, top bread slices with fava bean mixture.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini With Fava Beans and Ricotta Salata
Serving Size: 1 (811 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.6 mg
- Sodium 123.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of