Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2001. These are just wonderful and tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Set the baguette slices on baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
- 3Bake until golden brown on both sides, turning once, about 4 minutes; (alternately the bread may be browned on a grill, which will impart a lightly smoky flavor.).
- 4In a large skillet melt the butter, add the onion and saute until soft about 3 minutes.
- 5Add chicken livers, cognac and sage to the pan and saute until the livers are browned on all sides but still slightly pink in the center.
- 6Stir in capers and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Transfer the chicken liver mixture to a food processor and puree on high speed.
- 8Allow to cool before spreading on crostini.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini With Chicken Livers: Crostini Di Fegatini
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.1
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 203.2 mg
- Sodium 575.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves