Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2001. These are just wonderful and tasty.
Make and share this Crostini With Chicken Livers: Crostini Di Fegatini recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set the baguette slices on baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake until golden brown on both sides, turning once, about 4 minutes; (alternately the bread may be browned on a grill, which will impart a lightly smoky flavor.).
- In a large skillet melt the butter, add the onion and saute until soft about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken livers, cognac and sage to the pan and saute until the livers are browned on all sides but still slightly pink in the center.
- Stir in capers and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken liver mixture to a food processor and puree on high speed.
- Allow to cool before spreading on crostini.