Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, 2001. These are just wonderful and tasty.
Make and share this Crostini With Chicken Livers: Crostini Di Fegatini recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set the baguette slices on baking sheet and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake until golden brown on both sides, turning once, about 4 minutes; (alternately the bread may be browned on a grill, which will impart a lightly smoky flavor.).
- In a large skillet melt the butter, add the onion and saute until soft about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken livers, cognac and sage to the pan and saute until the livers are browned on all sides but still slightly pink in the center.
- Stir in capers and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken liver mixture to a food processor and puree on high speed.
- Allow to cool before spreading on crostini.