1 hr 5 mins
From A Taste of Italy (1996) by The American Cooking Guild: "A combination of dazzling colors, the bell pepper topping turns this cheese torta into a spectacular party appetizer!" Cook time is marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large roasted sweet peppers (red & yellow, see our Basic Roasted Red Peppers)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese (flavored with basil and tomato or plain feta)
- 3 ounces goat cheese (preferably "fresh young")
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- 1 loaf bread (for Plain Crostini, crusty baguette or chewy "peasant-style" bread)
- 1Dice roasted bell peppers into squares.
- 2Combine vinegar, oil, herbs, capers, and garlic. Add salt and pepper.
- 3Marinate 30 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, blend cream cheese, feta, and goat cheese until smooth.
- 5Shape into a mound on a large serving plate; slightly flatten the top.
- 6Pour peppers over cheese; garnish with pine nuts and basil. Surround with crostini.
- 7For Plain Crostini: Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Cut bread into 1/2-inch slices; cut large slices in half. Toast on a baking sheet for 20-25 minutes. When golden brown, rub with garlic if desired. Brush with extra virgin olive oil or melted butter. Bread can also be pan-fried in oil or butter.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini With Cheese Torta & Marinated Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.8
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 905.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted sweet peppers