Recipe by threeovens
Great for a party appetizer - it makes a colorful presentation.
Top Review by diebley
Fantastic! I toasted cheese & herb French baguette slices for the bread. We mixed in a little blue cheese instead of the goat cheese. I have a picture if folks are interested! Folks at the party where we took the appetizer loved it! Highly recommended. JD
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese (can be flavored)
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- fresh basil (to garnish)
- 18 crostini (lightly toasted, thin sliced, french bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take cheeses out of refrigerator to bring to room temperature.
- Roast bell peppers. Place pepper on a foil lined broiler pan. Broil turning as sides begin to char. Wrap tightly in the foil and let cool. This will steam them so the skin removes easily. When cool, remove stems, skins and seeds.
- Dice peppers and add vinegar, oil, herbs, capers and garlic. Add salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Toast pine nuts in a dry pan, shaking until they take on a little color. This can take as little as a minute or two so don't walk away from pan.
- Blend cream cheese, feta and goat cheese in a small bowl until smooth. Shape into a mound on the serving platter and slightly flatten the top.
- Pour marinated peppers over the cheese, then garnish with toasted pine nuts and basil. Surround with crostini.