Recipe by T_Wise
A delicious Italian appetizer often nicknamed "poor man's caviar." This recipe is an excellent vegan dish.
- 2 cups pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1⁄2 chili pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 cooked artichoke bottom (may substitute half a small zucchini)
- 4 -5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -6 slices whole meal bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor, process, olives, chili pepper, artichoke bottom, and 2 tablespoons olive oil to a smooth puree, adding more olive oil if necessary.
- remove crusts of bread and cut into quarters. brush lightly with the remaining olive oil and toast in preheated 400 degreeF oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden. Spread caviar over the crostini and serve.