Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Crostini Alla Carnevale recipe from Food.com.
- 1 baguette, cut into 16 thin slices, on the diagonal and preferably a little stale
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces mild asiago cheese, shredded coarsely (Jack or fontina cheese may be used)
- 6 -8 cherry tomatoes, quartered (or diced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 -2 tablespoon basil pesto
- Preheat broiler.
- Toss the baguette slices with the olive oil in a bowl; place baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast under the broiler for about 5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove and toss the toasts with half the garlic; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining garlic with the ricotta cheese, Asiago, cherry tomatoes, peppers, and pesto.
- Top each toast with a big dollop of the filling.
- Arrange on baking sheet; place under broiler until the cheese melts and sizzles and the edges of the toasts crisp and brown.
- Serve immediately.