My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 baguette, cut into 16 thin slices, on the diagonal and preferably a little stale
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 4 ounces ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces mild asiago cheese, shredded coarsely (Jack or fontina cheese may be used)
- 6 -8 cherry tomatoes, quartered (or diced)
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 -2 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Toss the baguette slices with the olive oil in a bowl; place baguette slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 3Toast under the broiler for about 5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- 4Remove and toss the toasts with half the garlic; set aside.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the remaining garlic with the ricotta cheese, Asiago, cherry tomatoes, peppers, and pesto.
- 6Top each toast with a big dollop of the filling.
- 7Arrange on baking sheet; place under broiler until the cheese melts and sizzles and the edges of the toasts crisp and brown.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crostini Alla Carnevale
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.2
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.0 mg
- Sodium 776.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: