Recipe by American in Paris
This is a recipe I learned from a group of Italian women from the Tuscany region of Italy. They teach cooking classes under the name "Tutti-a-Tavola". This is one of my favorite appetizers to make on the run and is always a hit with guests. You can make up the cheese spread ahead of time and will keep for a couple of days in the refrigerator. Try to find a french baguette that is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- 354.88 ml mascarpone cheese
- 59.14-118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 0.75 ml marjoram (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1-2 French baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix cheeses and add marjoram. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice baguette in thin (about 1/2 inch) slices.
- Spread cheese mixture on slices.
- Place prepared slices on a baking sheet and put sheet into preheated oven.
- Bake for a few minutes until hot an bubbly. Watch closely--don't let the bread get too brown.
- Bon Appétit!