Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce, plus
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 6 green onions, cut on the diagonal into thin slices (include some green tops)
- 1 (12 inch) Boboli pizza crusts
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaf
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 500°.
- While the oven is heating, toss the chicken with 3 tablespoons hoisin, garlic, ginger, sambal oelek, and 3 of the green onions.
- Remove crust from plastic bag and save the packet of tomato sauce for another use.
- Place crust on a pizza screen, pizza pan, or rimless baking sheet.
- Top the pizza: spread ¼ cup hoisin sauce evenly over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Distribute the white onion over the sauce; arrange chicken mixture in a single layer over the onion.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Place the pizza in the oven; bake about 10 minutes until the crust is crisp and deep golden brown and the cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle the remaining green onions and cilantro over the pizza; slice the pizza into wedges and serve immediately.
My partner and I could not eat it - and I had so been looking forward to this recipe, it sounded delicious. The hoisin sauce totally overpowered all other flavours. I fear it may have put me off using hoisin sauce for anything, ever again! The pizza ended up in the bin. Definitely do cut down on the hoisin, drastically!
The amount of hoisin sauce stated in this recipe was a little too much for us as it turned out unexpectedly too sweet. Will definitely reduce the hoisin sauce if I make this again.
I added some red bell peppers. YUMMY PIZZA.