Make and share this Crossing-Culture Chinese Hoisin Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce, plus
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 6 green onions, cut on the diagonal into thin slices (include some green tops)
- 1 (12 inch) Boboli pizza crusts
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaf
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven; preheat oven to 500°.
- While the oven is heating, toss the chicken with 3 tablespoons hoisin, garlic, ginger, sambal oelek, and 3 of the green onions.
- Remove crust from plastic bag and save the packet of tomato sauce for another use.
- Place crust on a pizza screen, pizza pan, or rimless baking sheet.
- Top the pizza: spread ¼ cup hoisin sauce evenly over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Distribute the white onion over the sauce; arrange chicken mixture in a single layer over the onion.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Place the pizza in the oven; bake about 10 minutes until the crust is crisp and deep golden brown and the cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle the remaining green onions and cilantro over the pizza; slice the pizza into wedges and serve immediately.