There's something about these cookies....no matter if you prefer soft cookies or crisp cookies, rich cookies or bland cookies....you'll keep coming back to these goodies! I was definitely surprised to see that these were not already posted on Zaar, but excited to add a piece of my family history to the pot! A constant in Grandma's cookie jar, these cookies get crunchy after sitting for a few days, but that just adds to the allure. A nice soft in the middle, crunchy on the outside, cinnamon flavored treat- perfect for your holiday trays- everyone will like them! Plus- these ingredients are so readily available that you can literally make fresh cookies in less than 45 minutes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cream together both sugars, butter and egg until fluffy.
- 3Add vanilla and combine.
- 4Add in salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour then blend until fully combined.
- 5Lastly, add in the oats and roll by the heaping teaspoon-full and place on greased cookie sheet. Using a fork dipped in water, then white sugar, make a criss-cross pattern on top of each cookie (tines facing left or right, then tines facing up or down)- you don't need to press too hard!
- 6Bake 10-12 minutes (10 minutes yields crunchy outside, soft center).
- 7Cool, then store in ziplock bag to keep softness for a few days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cross Stitch Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 73.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g