1/2 Photos of Cross Rib Pot Roast & Veggies
3 hrs 15 mins
Wonderful flavored pot roast or you may use a crock pot. You could add potatoes to make this a complete meal in one pot. Add potatoes for the last 45 minutes of cooking time in the Dutch Oven . If you are using a crock pot allow5 1/2 hours on low put your veggies (including potatoes) on the bottom of the crock pot put roast on top, turn roast after 3 hours and baste with sauce. I prefer doing this recipe in a Dutch oven .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs cross-rib roasts or 3 lbs blade roast, boneless
- 3 garlic cloves, slivered
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup beef stock or 1 cup tomato juice or 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup canned tomato, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1Make small cuts in the roast and insert the slivers of garlic.
- 2Rub the meat with salt and pepper.
- 3In a Dutch oven over high heat sear the roast on all sides browning well about 7 minutes.
- 4Add onions, carrots, celery, thyme, bay leaf, and stock.
- 5Cover tightly, lower heat and simmer for about 1 1/2 hrs, Turn the beef occasionally.
- 6Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and basil.
- 7Simmer for about an hour or until the beef is tender, discard bay leaf.
- 8Slice and serve with veggies and sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cross Rib Pot Roast & Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 240.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: