Recipe by Debber
Another great treat to have along on a l-o-n-g car trip between Wisconsin and Montana. We make this one and Feed Bag Trail Mix. One gets packed away to be used on the return trip, the other is used right away. Also great for after-school snacks, skiing or hiking excursions, and for "party mix."
- 1 cup dried pineapple, chunks
- 1 cup dried apricot halves, snipped
- 1 cup dried apple ring, bite-size pieces
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup chocolate-covered raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries or 1⁄2 cup dried blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- Dump everything into a one-gallon ziplock bag.
- Hide it from the kids (bury deeply in the cooler or your suitcase).
- Save it for the return trip.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: Plan ahead and put about 1/4 to a 1/2 cup into a snack-size zippered baggie for each child to have in the car.
- LEFTOVERS (hahaha): This is great to add to cold granola cereal or hot oatmeal, too.
- ALTERNATIVES: Any dried fruit that you like, "leftover" holiday candy (hahaha), also nuts and berries. Banana chips & papaya have NOT gone over well with our family.