Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another great recipe from Crosby's, and once again a simple one to make - as always an old-fashioned simple dessert!!
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup molasses
- 3 bittersweet chocolate squares
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted enriched flour
- 3⁄4 cup sour milk
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease/flour two 8" round cake pans.
- Cream shortening, add sugar gradually.
- Add baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Mix in molasses and melted chocolate.
- Beat in eggs.
- Blend in flour alternately with sour milk.
- Bake for 25 minutes in prepared pans.
- Frost with the frosting of your choice.