Recipe by 10ksmore
So called because I was listening to Bing while making it. Very light and satisfying cold day meal!
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 large zucchini
- 1⁄3 medium white onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (drained and rinsed)
- 1⁄2 sweet bell pepper (I used red, but add yellow, orange, or green for more color and different flavor)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 -3 chili pepper (depends on how spicy you like it) (optional)
- 1 3⁄4 cups water (amount fluctuates, use your judgement)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- very straight forward --.
- brown meat, add taco seasoning, garlic and onions.
- once all has browned, add zucchini and both sets of peppers.
- allow mixture to simmer, adding tbsp of water to help process along.
- then, add black beans and tomatoes, stir till well mixed.
- add salt.
- pour in water and let cook for however long you would like. The longer the ingredients are allowed to mix, the more flavorful your chili will be -- it keeps getting better.
- serve over rice, quinoa, or, for some added fun, stuff it in peppers or squash. This is also good over a serving of mashed swede or cauliflower. As always, the classic is the best however, chili stands best alone!