Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Source: "So This Is Kosher" by Ann Kaye and Betty Ramce, 1986. Made these for a Passover lunch that we had for some visitors. I thought that these "latkes" tasted great!!!
- 5 large waxy potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- oil, for frying
- sour cream, for serving
- green onion, garnish
- Drain potatoes and onion in colander and wring dry.
- Mix with salmon, garlic and egg, then add parsley and season to taste.
- Form into small balls and flatten slightly.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Drain well and serve hot.
- Serve with sour cream with green onions.