Recipe by awalde
This is a simple recipe based that most of children will like. These fish balls can be served as appetizer with a salsa sauce or as starter with the suggested vegetable mix (salad). I used potatoes that after boiling, peeling and mashing they hold together. If you don’t have this kind of potatoes, please add 1 egg and some 2 or tablespoon of flour.
Top Review by loof
We loved these tasty fish cakes! I shaped mine into more of a patty so that I could fry in less oil and still get a nice crispy crust. I topped with a sauce of a little sour cream mixed with some salsa. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 400 g potatoes, boiled, peeled and coarsely grated
- 200 g tuna fish, canned well drained and crushed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes, to taste
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg (only if necessary)
- 2 -4 tablespoons flour (only if necessary)
Fish balls coating
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, more if necessary
- olive oil, to fry
- 1 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 small cucumber, cut into small cubes
- 1 tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄2 green onion, thinly sliced
- olive oil
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- First of all make all the ingredients ready.
- In a big bowl combine potatoes, tuna fish, parsley, spices and salt. Work with a fork. If it doesn’t stick together add 1 egg and about 2 tablespoon of flour.
- Form walnuts sized balls, coat first with egg and then with the breadcrumbs. Flat them slightly and place them on a dish.
- Preheat a non sticky pan with about 2 tablespoon oil to medium temperature.
- Fry the meatball on the first size when golden brown, turn, add 2 tablespoon oil and brown the second size.
- For the serving suggestion combine all the vegetable in a bowls toss, eventually add some salt (I didn’t). Serve with lemon and olive oil.
- If you prefer serve this with a fresh salsa.
- Note: this looks wonderful with some fresh green salad.