Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
a birthday party favorite
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb ham
- 1⁄2 sliced onion
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute minced onions until transparent.
- Stir in the flour and cook it briefly, then whisk the milk.
- Cook stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt pepper and paprika.
- Stir in the ham and spread the mixture into a dish.
- Refrigerate the mixture until solid.
- Shape the croquetas and dip them into the bread crumbs, and egg, respectively.
- Fry about 3 min each.
- Serve hot.
These were delicious. My only problem was that the recipe was not explicit enough.It did not tell you to grind or chop the ham.So, I ground it in the food processor. After that the recipe was easy. My DH and 3 kids loved them. DH said they were even bettter warmed over.