Recipe by cocinera
a birthday party favorite
Top Review by Z,G,L's mom
These were delicious. My only problem was that the recipe was not explicit enough.It did not tell you to grind or chop the ham.So, I ground it in the food processor. After that the recipe was easy. My DH and 3 kids loved them. DH said they were even bettter warmed over.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch paprika
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb ham
- 1⁄2 sliced onion
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute minced onions until transparent.
- Stir in the flour and cook it briefly, then whisk the milk.
- Cook stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt pepper and paprika.
- Stir in the ham and spread the mixture into a dish.
- Refrigerate the mixture until solid.
- Shape the croquetas and dip them into the bread crumbs, and egg, respectively.
- Fry about 3 min each.
- Serve hot.