Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
My family enjoys these sandwiches.
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8 ounces gruyere, very thinly sliced
- 12 ounces smoked ham, very thinly sliced
- Butter 1 side of each bread slice.
- Set half of the slices of bread buttered side down in a skillet, and cover each with a slice of cheese.
- Place 3 or 4 slices of the ham over the cheese, and place the top slice of bread over the ham, buttered side up.
- Cook sandwiches until bottom is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove sandwiches and place on a plate and serve immediately.
I made this for a quick French lunch today and loved the change from the ordinary grilled cheese. I used the sourdough bread and would highly recommend that you use that bread. So simple but loved the change in flavors with ham and gruyere cheese. Served with some pickles and chips!!! Made for ZWT 5.