- 3⁄4 cup finely grated gruyere cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 4 slices white bread, make it a good quality
- 4 slices cooked smoked virginia ham (thin slices)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, stir together Gruyère, sour cream and mustard, and spread mixture evenly over 2 bread slices.
- Top with ham and cover each with remaining bread.
- Spread tops of sandwiches lightly with 2 tablespoons butter. Invert sandwiches into large skillet; spread remaining 2 tablespoons butter on remaining 2 bread slices.
- Grill sandwiches over moderate to high heat, turning them once, 6 to 8 minutes, or until they are golden brown on both sides and cheese has melted.