Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
A French bistro's answer to our grilled cheese sandwich. So much better...and just as easy to make.
- 8 slices country-style white bread (1/2-inch thick)
- 8 teaspoons creamy Dijon mustard
- 8 slices smoked ham (each slice about 1-ounce) or 8 slices cooked ham (each slice about 1-ounce)
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with mustard. Top each of 4 slices with 2 slices ham (folded to fit, if necessary), then 1/4 cup cheese. Top with remaining bread, mustard sides down. Spread both sides of sandwiches with butter.
- Preheat stove-top grill pan. Grill sandwiches 6 minutes, turning once, until lightly toasted and cheese is melted.