1/3 Photos of Crook's Corner Shrimp and Grits
Hey Jude's Note:
Crook's Corner is a restaurant in Chapel Hill, NC. This is a dish served at the restaurant and I found the recipe in the latest Southern Living magazine. I made this last night for dinner and my husband and I went nuts for it, it's the ultimate comfort food. Don't let the long list of ingredients throw you off, this goes together quickly and easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup regular grits (I used quick grits and they were fine)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- lemon wedge
- 1Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in grits; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thickened; add cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients; set aside but keep warm.
- 2Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings in skillet; crumble bacon and set aside.
- 3Sprinkle shrimp with pepper and salt; dredge in flour.
- 4Saute mushrooms in hot drippings in skillet 5 minutes, or until tender; add green onions and saute 2 minutes; add shrimp and garlic and saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are lightly brown; stir in chicken broth, lemon juice and hot sauce and cook 2 more minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from skillet.
- 5Divide grits into 4 large, shallow soup bowls; divide shrimp mixture into four servings and place on top of grits; top each serving with crumbled bacon and serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crook's Corner Shrimp and Grits
Serving Size: 1 (546 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.2
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 207.1 mg
- Sodium 1858.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 32.8 g