1/3 Photos of Cronut -- Pillsbury Salted Caramel Crescent Doughnuts
Chef GreanEyes's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In deep fryer or 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat to 325°F
- 2Separate crescent dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Stack 2 rectangles on top of one another. Fold in half widthwise to make tall stack. Repeat with remaining 2 rectangles.
- 3To make 2 doughnuts, use 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut 1 round from each stack; use 1/2-inch biscuit cutter to cut small hole in center of each round. Reroll remaining dough to cut third doughnut.
- 4Fry doughnuts in hot oil 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until deep golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels. Cool 5 minutes.
- 5Carefully split doughnuts in half. Place pudding in decorating bag fitted with tip, and pipe half of the pudding onto bottom half of each doughnut.
- 6Top each with some of the caramel sauce; sprinkle with salt. Cover each with top of doughnut. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and enough milk for spreading consistency. Spread on tops of doughnuts. Drizzle with additional caramel sauce.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cronut -- Pillsbury Salted Caramel Crescent Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1259.2
- Calories from Fat 1023
- Total Fat 113.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 483.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 5.9 g