Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Rich & creamy - kinda tastes like warm French toast with strawberry jam! Standing time hasn't been included.
- Spread jam onto cut side of each croissant piece.
- Cut each half into 3 pieces& place, jam side up, into a greased 9 x 13 ovenproof casserole dish.
- Beat next 5 ingredients in a large bowl until well combined; pour over croissants.
- Place casserole dish into a large roasting pan& let stand for 15 minutes.
- Carefully pour enough boiling water into the roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the casserole dish.
- Bake in a preheated 325F oven for about 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from roasting pan& let stand for about 15 minutes to cool slightly.
- Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
This turned out exactly as described. Rich, creamy with a wonderful strawberry flavor. I took it to a potluck and it was very popular. One person did say they wished it had more strawberry to it so I may add some fresh berries when I make it next summer. However it was soooo good that it has gone instantly into my favorites cookbook. I'll make this again for sure. I didn't have a roaster that a 9x13 would fit in so I took the advice of another zaar chef and set the pan in the bottom of my broiler pan.