Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Everyday Food magazine's Easy Comfort Foods edition. Haven't tried yet, but it sounds yummy!
- butter, for baking dish
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb plain croissant, torn into large pieces (about 4)
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- whipped cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300°. Lightly butter a small oval or other shallow 1 1/2-2 quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, and salt until combined.
- Add croissants; toss to coat. Let sit, turning occasionally, until they have absorbed some of the liquid, about 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; smooth top with a spatula. Scatter with almonds.
- Bake until pudding has puffed up and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes before serving with whipped cream, if desired.
I remember this was yummy, but I'm not sure if we had it for breakfast or dessert. I think either would be good. I'm thinking we had if for dessert, as it would be a good way to use up any leftover croissants after breakfast.