Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a luxury pudding, and easy to prepare in large or small quantities. The ingredients here are for 4 people. All the preparation can be done in advance so that you can relax at your dinner party as it will cook whilst you are eating the main course.
- 500 ml milk
- 500 ml cream
- 4 large eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 all butter croissants
- 25 g sultanas
- 175 g white chocolate, grated
- 3 tablespoons whiskey
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/390F/Gas 6.
- Pour the milk and cream into a pan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Put the eggs and sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- Whilst the milk and cream is heating break up and place the croissants into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with the sultanas.
- When the milk and cream has boiled remove from the heat, add the egg and sugar mixture and the chocolate and stir well until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the whisky.
- Strain the mixture over the croissants, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until almost set.
- Place under a hot grill and serve.