I've heard about these from people who go to the City Bakery in New York. I can't get there, but I thought how hard could it be. It turns out not that hard at all, especially if you use a few shortcuts. I served them with a mustard dill dip and they were good. When I made them, I was wondering how I was going to store the leftovers....there were none!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1thaw frozen rolls or open can.
- 2bring water with 1/2 cup baking soda to boil.
- 3poach rolls for 30 seconds on each side.
- 4drain until dry.
- 5place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.
- 6use egg for egg wash.
- 7cover with kosher salt and sesame seeds.
- 8Bake at 400 until deep golden brown.
- 9enjoy with dip or for sandwiches filled with salami etc.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croissant Pretzels
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.1
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 45.5 mg
- Sodium 221.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g