Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've heard about these from people who go to the City Bakery in New York. I can't get there, but I thought how hard could it be. It turns out not that hard at all, especially if you use a few shortcuts. I served them with a mustard dill dip and they were good. When I made them, I was wondering how I was going to store the leftovers....there were none!
- thaw frozen rolls or open can.
- bring water with 1/2 cup baking soda to boil.
- poach rolls for 30 seconds on each side.
- drain until dry.
- place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.
- use egg for egg wash.
- cover with kosher salt and sesame seeds.
- Bake at 400 until deep golden brown.
- enjoy with dip or for sandwiches filled with salami etc.