Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful dish for a special breakfast or brunch. Prep time does not include the time that strawberry syrup stands.
- 4 large day-old plain croissants
- 177.44 ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml butter
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
Sweetened Whip Cream
- 118.29 ml whipping cream
- 22.18 ml powdered sugar
Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- 946.0 ml fresh strawberries
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml orange liqueur or 59.14 ml orange juice
- 4.92 ml grated orange rind
- For French toast:.
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into a shallow dish. Dip croissant halves into egg mixture; coating well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 halves and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining butter and croissant halves. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; top with sweetened whip cream and fresh strawberry syrup.
- For sweetened whip cream:.
- Beat cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- For fresh strawberry syrup:.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and let stand 30 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until warm.