A wonderful dish for a special breakfast or brunch. Prep time does not include the time that strawberry syrup stands.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large day-old plain croissants
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Sweetened Whip Cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Fresh Strawberry Syrup
- 1For French toast:.
- 2Slice croissants in half lengthwise.
- 3Whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla. Pour into a shallow dish. Dip croissant halves into egg mixture; coating well.
- 4Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 halves and cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining butter and croissant halves. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; top with sweetened whip cream and fresh strawberry syrup.
- 5For sweetened whip cream:.
- 6Beat cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- 7For fresh strawberry syrup:.
- 8Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and let stand 30 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croissant French Toast With Fresh Strawberry Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 672.9
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 213.0 mg
- Sodium 609.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 48.4 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: