Recipe by GreyhoundX3
Use the best available croissants you can find for this recipe for optimal results. These are great on salads, soup or as a snack by themselves. They are delicious at room temperature spinkled over fresh tomatoes sliced with fresh shredded basil and a vinageret drizzled over all. Or on top of macaroni and cheese baked in the oven or other casseroles as a crisp topping.
- 6 croissants, fresh
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, chopped and mashed into a paste
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Gently cut up croissants into large cubes, avoid crushing.
- Mix, in a large bowl, all other ingredients well.
- Toss croissant cubes into mixture and toss, coating well.
- Spread croissant cubes onto cookie sheet in single layer.
- Bake 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes until crisp and browned.
- Turn over croutons 1/2 way through baking process to brown evenly.
- Serve warm or room temperature.