Use the best available croissants you can find for this recipe for optimal results. These are great on salads, soup or as a snack by themselves. They are delicious at room temperature spinkled over fresh tomatoes sliced with fresh shredded basil and a vinageret drizzled over all. Or on top of macaroni and cheese baked in the oven or other casseroles as a crisp topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- 2Gently cut up croissants into large cubes, avoid crushing.
- 3Mix, in a large bowl, all other ingredients well.
- 4Toss croissant cubes into mixture and toss, coating well.
- 5Spread croissant cubes onto cookie sheet in single layer.
- 6Bake 375 degrees for 5-10 minutes until crisp and browned.
- 7Turn over croutons 1/2 way through baking process to brown evenly.
- 8Serve warm or room temperature.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Croissant Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.2
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.6 mg
- Sodium 1003.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g