Recipe by startnover
Perfect lunch or light dinner. I love chicken salad and this is my version. It is easily halved or doubled.
Top Review by snoflake517
My family LOVED this recipe! I served for a large family party and everyone couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was. Everyone that has tried it has been clamoring for the recipe.
The only slight change I would make would be to refrigerate the salad for a few hours (even overnight) to allow the flavors to blend together more. I think it tasted much better after it was chilled.
I will definitely be making this often!! Thank you so much for sharing!!
- 6 -8 plain croissants
- 3 cups cubed poached cooked chicken
- 1 1⁄2 cups grapes, sliced in half
- 4 -5 diced spring onions
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise or 3⁄4-1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped cashews (or sliced almonds if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- lettuce leaf, to dress the sandwiches
- havarti cheese, to dress the sandwiches
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mayo, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and basil together till well incorporated.
- Fold in chicken, grapes, cashews,celery,and onions.
- Halve the croissants (you may wish to slightly toast them) and layer with salad, lettuce, and cheese if you wish.
- Serve immediately.
- Time to prepare does not include chicken's cook time.