1/2 Photos of Crocodile or Chicken Skewers With Cashew Nut Satay
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. By Simon King and David Myers from The Hairy Bikers (BBC series). They say crocodile tastes like a cross between a firm white fish and chicken. This will serve 2 as a main dish or 4 as appetizer nibbles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 crocodile filets or 2 large chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 113.39 g unsalted cashews, crushed (110 g)
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- 170.09 g can coconut milk
- fresh green chile, chopped (to taste)
- splash soy sauce, to season
- palm sugar (optional) or light muscovado sugar, to taste (optional)
- 8-12 bamboo skewers or 8-12 cocktail sticks, for assembling
- 1Soak the bamboo skewers or cocktail sticks in cold water for 10 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- 2Season the crocodile or chicken generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut into strips about 1cm x 2cm (0.5in x 1in).
- 3Mix together the marinade ingredients and marinate the crocodile or chicken strips for half an hour or longer if possible.
- 4To make the satay sauce, combine all the satay sauce ingredients together in a small pan, adding just enough soy sauce to season. Add a little palm sugar or light brown muscovado sugar to sweeten, if necessary.
- 5Simmer very gently for five minutes.
- 6Preheat a barbecue, grill or griddle pan until very hot.
- 7Thread two or three strips of marinated crocodile or chicken meat onto each skewer and place on the barbecue or griddle pan or under the grill.
- 8Cook for a few minutes on each side until cooked through and golden, being careful not to overcook.
- 9Serve the skewers with the hot satay sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crocodile or Chicken Skewers With Cashew Nut Satay
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 876.6
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 620.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: