1/2 Photos of Crocodile or Chicken Skewers With Cashew Nut Satay
Entered for safe-keeping for ZWT. By Simon King and David Myers from The Hairy Bikers (BBC series). They say crocodile tastes like a cross between a firm white fish and chicken. This will serve 2 as a main dish or 4 as appetizer nibbles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 crocodile filets or 2 large chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 113.39 g unsalted cashews, crushed (110 g)
- 1 limes, juice of or 1 lemon, juice of
- 170.09 g can coconut milk
- fresh green chile, chopped (to taste)
- splash soy sauce, to season
- palm sugar (optional) or light muscovado sugar, to taste (optional)
- 8-12 bamboo skewers or 8-12 cocktail sticks, for assembling
- 1Soak the bamboo skewers or cocktail sticks in cold water for 10 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- 2Season the crocodile or chicken generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cut into strips about 1cm x 2cm (0.5in x 1in).
- 3Mix together the marinade ingredients and marinate the crocodile or chicken strips for half an hour or longer if possible.
- 4To make the satay sauce, combine all the satay sauce ingredients together in a small pan, adding just enough soy sauce to season. Add a little palm sugar or light brown muscovado sugar to sweeten, if necessary.
- 5Simmer very gently for five minutes.
- 6Preheat a barbecue, grill or griddle pan until very hot.
- 7Thread two or three strips of marinated crocodile or chicken meat onto each skewer and place on the barbecue or griddle pan or under the grill.
- 8Cook for a few minutes on each side until cooked through and golden, being careful not to overcook.
- 9Serve the skewers with the hot satay sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crocodile or Chicken Skewers With Cashew Nut Satay
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 876.6
- Calories from Fat 569
- Total Fat 63.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 620.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: