Recipe by internetnut
This came from The Cookbook Of North American Truffles. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 2 cups Chardonnay wine (or any dry white wine)
- 10 ounces dried wild mushrooms, mixed variety
- 16 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1-inch-inch cubes
- 20 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- At high heat setting, heat white wine in a microwave safe bowl for 3-5 minutes. Place dried mushrooms in wine, cover and let sit for 10 minutes to re-hydrate. Use a slotted spoon to transfer mushrooms to a food processor, reserving liquid. Cover and process until the consistency of coarse paste. In a large bowl, combine pureed mushrooms, 2/3 cup reserved mushroom liquid and remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly and pour in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook at low heat setting for 3-4 hours. Stir once halfway through.