Prep 7 mins
Cook 7 hrs
You'll need whole berry cranberry sauce for this recipe. Do not use jellied cranberry sauce as it adds too much liquid. This is so tasty; a nice fall dish. Recipe comes from"101 Things to Do With a Slow Cooker" by Stephanie Ashcraft.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄4 cup onion, dried and minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, use your favorite
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken in a 3-1/2 to 5-quart crockpot which has been greased.
- Combine the onion, cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce and seasonings in a bowl and pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LO heat for 5-7 hours or on HI heat for 3 hours.
- Serve with baked potatoes and a side of stuffing.